CHOOSE A TOPIC
Explanation of inverter technology
Air Conditioner with Full DC Inverter Technology
All air conditioners with inverter are outfitted with an inverter compressor that allows the compressor to run at different speeds, gradually reaching cooling temperature at start up.
BUT not all inverter aircons are the same. #BraggingRights
3-INVERTERS-IN-1. Unlike regular inverter air conditioners, an air conditioner with Full DC Inverter has DC components (hence 'Full DC'), which means all components (compressor, fan motor and inverter module) operate with direct current, and has the ability to modulate its operation, reducing wastage of energy. Needless to say, the Full DC technology brings down the EER of the air conditioner.
DUAL FAN-MOTOR SYSTEM. Aircons with Full DC technology such as the Hitachi WINDOW-TYPE RA-HV models have dual fan motors with one fan motor assigned to the condenser (i.e., blowing or releasing heat into outdoor air) and the other to the evaporator (i.e., extracting heat from the air and adding it to the refrigerant flow). This system varies the speed needed for both its condenserand evaporator. On the other hand, a single fan motor system performs the job for both the condenser and the evaporator making its operation at its maximum capacity and running at constant speed all the time, therefore entailing more energy consumption.
#SoQuiet You Can Only Feel it!
HITACHI AIRCONDITIONERS particularly the WINDOW-TYPE with Full DC Inverter Technology or the RA-HV series, have more to offer. It has a QUIET OPERATION setting that makes it run so quietly, one could only feel the cooling comfort it brings.
What is EER?
Energy Efficiency Ratio or EER is the standard industry index of calculating the operational efficiency of an air conditioner. It is the ratio of an air conditioning unit's cooling capacity (kj/h) and the power input (W). For example, if an air conditioning unit has a cooling capacity of 10600 kj/h and a power input of 785, then its EER will be 13.5.
My Savings"Higher EER gives you more savings"
An air conditioner with a high EER of 13.5 can potentially let an average household save 3 kilowatts of electricity on 8 hours of usage a day.
|3 kilowatts||x||P11.30*||=||P33.90 a day|
|P33.90||x||30 days||=||P1,017 a month|
|P33.90||x||365 days||=||P12,374 a year|
How to Compute?
For example, if an air conditioning unit has a cooling capacity of 10600 kj/h and a power input of 785, then its EER will be 13.5.
Power Consumption ( w )
What are the benefits?
Products with a higher EER rating can save consumers money in the long run. In places like offices and businesses, where appliances are constantly running, ratings can translate into huge savings over a short period of time.
Factoring in cost of aircondition units
Let's say that you are given a choice between two 10,000 kilojoules air conditioning units. One has an EER of 8.3 and consumes 1,200 watts, and the other has an EER of 10 and consumes 1,000 watts. Let's also say that the price difference is $100. To calculate what the payback period is on the more expensive unit, you need to know:
What the rate of a kilowatt-hour (kWh) is in your area?
Let's also say that you plan to use a room AC in the summer (approximately five months a year, depending on where you live) and it will be operating around eight hours a day. Say that the cost of a kilowatt-hour in your area is approximately $0.10. The difference in energy consumption between the two units is 200 watts, which means that every five hours, the less expensive unit will consume 1 additional kWh (and therefore $0.10 more) than the more expensive unit.
Assuming that there are 30 days in a month, you find that during the summer you are operating the air conditioner:
[(1200 hrs x 200 watts) / (1000 watts/kW)] x $0.10/kWh = $24.00
Since the more expensive unit costs approximately $100 more, this means that it will take about four years for the more expensive unit to break even.
Air Conditioner 101
Tips of choosing air conditioner
- Power Saving
- Environment Friendly Refrigerant (R410A)
- Choosing the exact cooling capacity for your area
- Elegant Design
- If it is easy to maintan and Operate
- Good Features
How to care your air conditioner properly?
- The filter needs to be cleaned once per two weeks.
- Do not use any sprays such as insecticide, hair spray or other flammable gases within one (1) meter from the system.
- Wait 3 minutes to restart your unit, to prevent compressor damage.( Window Manual Type)
- When Cleaning the unit body never wash it with splashing water as there is a risk of current leakage
- If the machine will not be used for a long period of time, turn off the power switch safely
- If there is a thunderstorm occurs, it is necessary to turn off your unit and unplug the cord to protect your unit from damages.
- Check the power cord plug and receptacle every year to ensure that they are clean.
- Ensure the mounting support is firm and steady or there is a risk the unit may fall.
- Do not install at places where flammable objects and flammable gases exist. if such objects and gases are around,a fire may occur.
- Do not place any materials or heavy things on top of the unit.
- Be sure the power supply voltage and the voltage required by the air conditioner is 230V.
- To outdoor side should be well ventilated. Do not place any obstacle near the air discharged outlet, otherwise, the unit performance may decrease and the noise increases.
- Do not place any foreign material around the unit body, it may affect the performance of the unit.
By providing the tools, helpful tips, and the latest news on energy efficiency, eer.ph aims to support government and private-sector efforts on educating the public about wise energy use.
Energy efficiency is a day-to-day business. It all starts with making good appliance choices.
For example, an appliance with a lesser price but lower Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) may pose as a "better deal" but it won't really benefit you in the long run. On the other hand, when you buy the ones with a higherEER, you get better performance from your purchase with lesser energy consumption which translates toyour savings and less dependence on energy.Better to look for the EER rather than just the purchasing price.
Want to compare two or more different appliances? Try the Consumption Calculator.
Energy efficiency is everybody's business. Even kids need to learn the value of energy efficiency andfinancial savings to grow up into conscientious individuals. As for us adults, it is our duty to give a good example in these matters.
How to Choose the Right Size of Aircon?
Step 1 Measure the size of the room to be cooled.
- a unit whose cooling capacity is too large will overcool before the thermostat can react.
Step 2 Select the aircon size according to the room size.
|Room Size vs. Aircon Capacity|
|Room Size (sq. M.)||Cooling Capacity1 (Kj/h)||Approx. HP Rating2 (hp)|
|10 - 13||5,275 6,700||0.50|
|14 - 16||7,385 8,440||0.75|
|17 - 20||9,495 10,550||1.00|
|21 - 25||12,660 13,290||1.50|
|Up to 40||18,990 20,045||2.00|
Calculate the Appropriate Capacity
|Enter Floor Area:|
|Ton of Refrigeration (TR):|
How to calculate the appropriate capacity of air conditioner for your rooms?
Formula: (Based on Rule of Thumb for Engineers)
|Ton of Refrigeration (TR)||=||Area/Factor|
|Horsepower (HP)||=||TR x 1.2|
Welcome to the EER.ph consumption calculator. To start, enter valid values to the cells in RED colors
Only those RED ITEMS COLORED FONTS can be inputted with necessary information
- Most air conditioners have their capacity rated in British thermal units (Btu). A Btu is the amount of heat necessary to raise the temperature of 1 pound (0.45 kilograms) of water one degree Fahrenheit (0.56 degrees Celsius). One Btu equals 1,055 joules. In heating and cooling terms, one ton equals 12,000 Btu.
- 'Estimated Unit electric consumption is simply based on your inputted 'electric bill for the month' divided by your declared 'kiloWatt consumption' for the same month.
- The energy efficiency rating (EER) of an air conditioner is its Btu rating over its wattage.
- The higher the EER, the better, but normally, a higher rating is accompanied by a higher price
|RA-06SR||0.6||Window Type Deluxe (Remote)||Conventional||6400||11.1|
|RA-08SR||0.8||Window Type Deluxe (Remote)||Conventional||8800||11.7|
|RA-10SR||1||Window Type Deluxe (Remote)||Conventional||9700||10.8|
|RA-15SR||1.5||Window Type Deluxe (Remote)||Conventional||12800||11.2|
|RA-20SR||2||Window Type Deluxe (Remote)||Conventional||19100||10|
|RA-08HVQ||0.8||Compact Window Type (Remote)||Inverter||8800||13.2|
|RA-10HVQ||1||Compact Window Type (Remote)||Inverter||10350||12.3|
|RA-15HV||1.5||Window Type (Remote)||Inverter||13000||12.4|
|RA-20HV||2||Window Type (Remote)||Inverter||18600||12|